View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #8
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Psionics] The Spice Must Flow... from Skylab

Elsewhere, someone asked me about a three-wheeled car called the Dale, which I hadn't heard of before, but I like History Guy shorts, so I watched the video (it's a bit over ten minutes long, and worth taking in if you have time). That lead to me writing a short timeline entry for 1974, which I'm wondering if I should include, and if so, if it should be modified, and how:

Quote:
June 17: Dale Clifft is contacted by Harley-Davidson on the matter of a three-wheeled car he'd built, which was basically a motorcycle with the front wheel and handlebars replaced by a frame, shell, two from wheels, and other bits added, to give it several of the advantages of a car, while being licensed as a motorcycle. A con artist calling herself Liz Carmichael would later approach Clifft on the matter, but by then, he would already be signed with HD, and have no interest in Carmichael's start-up.
So, my questions:

1. Should I use it at all, or just drop it?

2. Is Harley-Davidson a plausible company to choose to develop it, or should I use a different one (and if so, which one)?

3. Is the date reasonable, or should I set it later? I'm not clear when exactly Clifft started driving his car-thing, nor when he met Carmichael, only that ads for the Dale in our timeline started appearing around November, 1974.

4. Should I use the History Guy link in the timeline entry, or the 3wheelers interview that I have there currently?

5. Are there any other modifications that should be made to this entry?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 08-02-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote