View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 05:48 AM   #8
Malleable

Default Re: Combo Suggestions for point starved Witch wanting to be effective in melee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousThing View Post
Your character is a witch. You have much better things to spend points on. Why are you trying to invade other character niches?
As I've said, everyone in the party needs to be able to handle themselves against multiple monsters. There is no way the two main fighters, can cover multiple mobs on themselves, and the three other characters at the same time. This campaign doesn't allow the witch or scientist to avoid melee combat. Everyone has to be able to fight. My role is to use my Mind, Crossroads and Chance paths to control provide information and eventually travel. The other witch handles Body, Matter and Energy; so she provides buffs to the party.
Having already spent 400pts using the Witch template, and Thaumaturgy Rituals allow casters a much larger body of rituals from the start, and charms my spells are covered, but I am still woefully unprepared for combat.
In my GURPS fantasy campaigns typical caster roles could be specialized with just focusing on Magic, but the modern monster hunters campaigns seem to require more combat. This is similar to a World of Darkness campaign I played in. I started out with spells, but realized that I needed to specialize in some melee combat if I was going to survive (Aikido Throw worked well).

Thanks,
Mal
Malleable is offline   Reply With Quote