View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
Seneschal

Default Re: [Sorcery] Doctor Strange (2017 movie) Mystic Arts

I'm just going though Super-Sorcery and, woah, Mystic Buckler is basically perfect for the Mandalas! I sure am glad the editor asked for another spell to fill the page. ;) The fact that they break seems to be more due to Strange's noobness (the Ancient One's never break), so maybe she has a variant without Ablative. Furthermore, Dual could be a selectable advantage, since Strange seems to summon a single bigger one to defend against Dormammu's assaults - maybe a Nuisance Effect (DR is split between two bucklers).

As for virtually unblockable attacks, I concur. Mirror trapping appears to be quite insidious, as the Zealots fall into it twice during the movie, so probably a Dodge or maybe a Per contest - which they failed the second time around because they were concentrating on casting, allowing even a nooblet like Strange to stealthily conjure a portal right where they're standing.

EDIT: A question: why does the buckler require Force Field? I thought that was for "whole body DR." Or is the enhancement just "protects against Contact Agent" since default DR seems to be "on" the body, although it isn't skin.

Last edited by Seneschal; 07-22-2017 at 03:14 AM.
Seneschal is offline   Reply With Quote