View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 10:32 AM   #16
RobW

Default Re: Anti-wizard tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post
Word of Command is, of course, just about the most powerful thing in the game, and an attention-getter that doesn't really make sense for a Death Test applicant. But still... was Molly accompanied by people casting Aid on her, and if not, what was "Molly's" ST & DX?
I felt confident it would be relatively easy to take out the "full" 40-pt Molly with a concerted effort using a Death Test 2 level challenge. This was because at the time, Molly was discussed only in terms of a dagger-staff expert occult-strike defending wizard. Which looked ok-ish to me, but certainly not as fantastic as made out to be.

I asked hcobb for his setup and team: It was Molly (ST 6, DX 14, IQ 20) plus three starting characters: a whip-wielding judo-throwing physicker, and two light crossbow snipers. Molly's spell list arrived at the very end. The full account is here:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread...=168433&page=3

Without WoC I think her crew were set to fall in the first room, and on her own there would be no way she could last against standard melee tactics of many against one.

BTW -- I am a big fan of hcobb's imagination and creations :)
RobW is offline   Reply With Quote