View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 05:05 AM   #8
nerdvana

Default Re: Flip side of "Pact"

Yesterday I started a new thread unaware of this one. Thankfully The Matrix Walker was aware of this thread and pointed me to it as the fundamental answer to my question (quoted below) but I have some follow up questions I'll ask below the quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdvana View Post
In my efforts to put together my group's Scion game with GURPS I find I need to convert the Aesir purview Jotunblut. For those familiar with the power I am not using the one from Scion RAW but a fan written revision of it (which can be found here). Below, I'm quoting the pertinent power I am trying to convert also to make it easier to discuss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another forum, see link above
Power In the Blood (Jotunblut 2):
Dice Pool: None.
Cost: 1 lethal health level + 1 Legend.

A true Scion of the Aesir is more than merely empowered by the blood of the Jotuns that flows within his veins-- he can also use a portion of his blood to empower mortal humans and animals who drink of his blood. When the Scion sheds blood by inflicting a level of unsoakable lethal damage upon himself and spending a point of Legend, that blood becomes a potent draught: enough for one person or one animal. Drinking this empowered blood results in an automatic and permanent Fatebinding. Beings with their own Legend experience no additional effects-- their innate Legend resists the Jotunblut's transformative effects.

When consumed by a drinker without a Legend score, the blood imposes its full effect, transforming an animal into a notably large, lean, powerful example of its kind, or transforming a human being into a battle-ready berserk. In addition to the automatic Fatebinding, the blood also grants the drinker one extra -0 health level, one permanent dot of Loyalty, and one permanent dot of Courage. Also, the drinker gains one permanent dot of either Strength or Stamina for every dot of Jotunblut the Aesir Scion has. (After the Scion has gained more dots of Jotunblut, he can reuse this boon on his already-created Jotunblut minions, increasing their bonus Strength and Stamina dots to reflect the new total.)

Additionally, animals and mortals become supernaturally loyal to the Scion who uses this boon to empower them. This compulsion is only temporary, lasting one month per dot of Jotunblut the Scion has. During this period, the empowered animal or berserk is loyal only to the Scion, and becomes dour and gruff around others. The Scion can renew this period of loyalty with another application of this boon. Unless the duration expires, this loyalty can only be broken if the berserk is fed the blood of another Aesir Scion (with at least as many dots of Jotunblut as his current master), or the purer, more concentrated etir of any giant.

Using Jotunblut boons multiple times on the same person does not keep granting more permanent bonuses with each use. However, multiple uses will strengthen Fatebindings, renew the duration of any temporary effects, and replace weaker permanent bonuses with stronger ones (from Scions with higher Jotunblut values).
So, obviously there is blood-agent and trigger (injury) going on here. But more fundamentally, I am thinking this is an Affliction (to increase ST or HT or other related traits) with a follow-up Affliction of Berserk and loyalty traits.

Does anyone see a better way to build this than a set of Afflictions?
So, here are my follow up questions how would the "timed expiration" of the dominance work? Would it be a 0-point feature to change it from an attack to simply sharing blood or would that be an innate attack/affliction attack that has no other affect but triggering the Dominance?
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote