View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 11:22 AM   #13
DangerousThing

Default Re: Looking to start an E-mail/IRC campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aagnathist View Post
OK, so I'd like to do something where the players show up a day late and a dollar short to defeat whatever the antagonistic entity is (evil ruler, alien invasion, (my personal favorite) 1984esk world government) and see if the players can come back from it. It would be a long campaign, and I'd hope to introduce some strategic elements as well (such as troop movement on a large scale, maybe base operations, I dunno. Could be fun.). Now that I think about it, I think keeping the power level in the normal range would be best. Don't know about y'all, but I like making games harder than normal. But we'd have to talk about it more.
I'm big on story as a GM, so I'd like description and lots of dialogue with the characters.
I would suggest not having troop movement and keeping the game centered on the characters. That is probably my prejudice.

I'll admit that I prefer to use Martial Arts when playing, though you can play a martial arts campaign without it just using Action and it might be easier on you with a PbP game.

I'll admit to liking the point counts from Monster Hunters and other newer books. However, you're the GM so you control things. I will warn you though, I like to play oddball characters.

I like odd background stories, both as a player and as a GM. One example: the players are just told to create whatever character they want, as long as it's not too powerful. The players do not know that the characters are actually NPCs that were created for beta versions of an online virtual reality game, and the computer wants them to do something that it can't do and can't tell them to do. They are only active when the OLVRG is at low activity. This eventually gave them enough clues, along with their slightly different versions of the past to figure out what they were, soft of. It took the players years to figure it out, even with slight and occasionally not-so-slight changes to the world that happened between games. Ah, the old days, that was fun!

Quote:
I'm all for something like this, though I'd need some time to figure out how to use it, me never having done something like this before. But yeah, whatever we can use to get the most out of this is fine by me.
Cowboys and aliens. Or cowboy monster hunters. Or Steampunk action. There are very few genres I won't play in.
DangerousThing is offline   Reply With Quote