View Single Post
Old 09-06-2021, 08:46 PM   #10
acrosome

Default Re: Social stats for heiress and her Pinkerton/bodyguard

Thanks, All. Lot's of good thoughts, there.

Thanks for the pointer to Heir as a Potential Advantage- that's what I was looking for. But frankly it still seems too powerful. Even with access to 50% of the wealth and Status that would be a lot. And she'd have to work to maintain her Status, wouldn't she? Maybe I can cut it down by ("potentially") dividing Grandpapa's wealth among some cousins? And then add the Independent Income for the Trust? I'll think on it.

It looks like The Family is a 15-point Patron with no modifiers, other than that I'll have to think about availability. But no they aren't Old Money, or at least not in the manner of some old Dutch family from New York. They're like the Vanderbilts- they got rich during the golden age of railroads. Maybe I'll change the Patron to "Grandpapa" specifically- the heiress is definitely his favorite- and cover the rest of the family with Claim to Hospitality? Hmm. And maybe a Duty?

What religion should she be, as a member of a prominent New England/Mid-Atlantic family?

I'm coming around on 1920s women as Second Class Citizens. Done.

I'll remove the Law Enforcement Powers from the Pinkerton, and adjust some of the other stuff. Thanks.

The Bodyguard is more like Pennyworth- the "long suffering servant". He has come to love the girl, if a bit paternally, and finds it hard to refuse her sudden impulses to go looking for occult sites in Central America, etc. But he would die to protect her. And meet his maker with a smile on his face.

Maybe I'll remove the Pinkterton angle completely. That might actually work better for a third character.

Last edited by acrosome; 09-06-2021 at 08:53 PM.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote