View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 05:53 PM   #9
scc

Default Re: [DF] Is This A Good High Elf Template?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Then you get the question of is it "good" and I have to note that it contains only Traits that any PC could buy for exactly the same price. That means its only average if you want exactly this mix. Otherwise it's cp inefficient. You'd have to be willing to pay a cp penalty because you really wanted to be an Elf.

A Template should contain some unique element or otherwise it should be minimized and made as generically useful as possible. This is sort of why I don't like Templates.They tend to be restrictions on my ability to make the character I want rather than aids.
This is a DF Template, so I don't think there really are any Advantages I can add to the template that aren't otherwise available, but they will have access to the special Elf rules in DF (three extra levels of Magery) and the Sense of Duty (Nature) doesn't count against the Disadvantage limit.

Beyond that I'll be making Racial Templates mandatory and they'll all have the same cost. A possibility is reducing racial cost down and making up the difference with a cultural template.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote