View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #3
scc

Default Re: [DF] Is This A Good High Elf Template?

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinl View Post
I think this is 45 points. Can I math today? I'm pretty sure we have 45.
Uh.

Quote:
45 points is steep. Most DF players will look at it and see if they can get close to 45 CP of positive traits out of it.
50 points was picked because that was what DF2 pushed as a 'level' and I want to have some fun with that. I also want all races, including human (But excluding half races like half-Elf and half-Human) to be the same point cost, to encourage picking races, especially for allies.
Quote:

So bards. You want all your high elf PCs to be bards, and all your bard PCs to be high elves?? This is good. You might also get some scholarly wizards, if that is a role your players like.

My personal requirements for new DF races is "arguably comparable or better than baseline human in more than one class, but not unambiguously better, and pulls in some unusual traits to mix it up a bit[2]." [1]

This hits the first and last, but it just too much bard bait for the second, so I wouldn't use it as is.

[1] Core DF races do not all meet this, it is my threshold for NEW ones.
[2] If the unusual is really fun, I might be flexible on the first two.
That's really not what I'm aiming for, more Wizard then Bard so maybe moving some points around, in particular a short free spend list including allies and magical skills.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote