View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 11:11 AM   #157
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

I'm confused about the nature of the caves. Back on post 115 of the IC thread you said that:

Quote:
The caves are mostly earth, stone in some places
did we just get one of the few random stone caves? I'd prefer to work on an earthen one first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Yes, please. That is an important enough change.

Telrith Stone-Friend (and human excavation team)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
So Erick, there are 3 calls for you! The show is about to begin!
I suspect a hole is not quite the defensive structure we want. Unfortunately, Telrith does not have architecture.. yet, so the defensive structures may be a little flakey for now. His default is 8, which isn't bad... but isn't great either.

Telrith will make a small fortification by digging out a trench and piling the dirt facing the entrance of the cave. He'll make the trench three feet deep, and three feet wide, so each yard will take a casting of shape earth. He'll make this fortification six yards long. He won't try to get the wall particularly close to the trench: if foes want to stand on a six inch gap and get bad footing that's fine with him. That's six shape earth rolls, and a minute should be more than enough time to complete this task. If I roll a failure (16 or higher) reroll until I succeed.

The Kiln is going to be tricky. Telrith will have Mudman empty the wheel barrow, and then send him down to the river to bring back three loads* of Mud for Telrith to work with (mudman has a perk that lets him behave as though he has a shovel).

Can Telrith take extra time to get a bonus to his default of architechure-8?

* a load of dirt is a cubic yard. which is to say, one casting of shape earth at 0 FP.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote