View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #138
Duck of Many Things

Default Re: Member House Rules

We had a series of disputes that we initially resolved by going onto the forums, but after an issue with Typecast, my father held that the official decision on the forums still contradicted common logic, triggering an ongoing dispute between "spirit of the card" and the literal meaning. We're planning to branch away from the official rules (probably a stupid move) and make a house rule constitution. We found the necessity in a book of compiled house rules explaining game order and logic, especially with the addition of about 30+ custom cards (most of which are mine).

For example, a common house rule we have accepted is that: you can still attack a monster, even if it does not pursue you; only if the card explicitly says "WILL NOT ATTACK" will the monster not attack. After "encountering" a monster that does not fight (Monsters Are Busy, Out To Lunch, will not pursue), one can then loot the room, but not look for trouble. Also, a player can bypass the die roll for "running away" and go straight to Charity if a Monster's bad stuff does not affect the player in any way.

In our game, Kneepads of Allure are NOT banned - come on, I think banning it is silly. Annihilate it, sell it, trade it, or steal it if you're that desperate to get rid of it. We've even determined an artificial way of getting a game master, with the addition of a card I've created called the "Enclosed Instruction Book." The basic gist - whoever possesses this card has the ultimate ruling in any argument as explicitly defined by a third party. It's an item, which means it can be stolen or destroyed or interacted through other means as befits items.

Last edited by Duck of Many Things; 11-03-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Duck of Many Things is offline   Reply With Quote