View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 09:51 AM   #16
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: A Character keeps crashing GCA and other requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
If I may, the sheet would look better if the boxes would use thinner lines (like the OCS does), if gaps between boxes were narrower (again, like OCS) and if sections would fill with empty lines to ensure all boxes finish at the bottom of the pages.
The lines and the spacing are things I can make user adjustable.

Extending the boxes, though, I'm not so sure about. You're often talking about fractions of inches which aren't enough for whole lines. You'd be trading mismatched alignment outside the box for mismatched spacing inside the box.

And since each section gets laid out before the next, if the gap to the bottom of the page is because the next section won't fit there, the last one in that column has no idea it would need to fill the space. Changing that would require another layout pass to find such cases and stretch the boxes, and that would be a bunch more work for me, for what I think would end up looking weird.

I'll put all of these comments on my To Do list, though. If I get time at some point I may be able to play around with stretching boxes to reach the bottom, and if I do, may be able to make it an option for the user. But that one is definitely not likely any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Aside from these aesthetic comments, the sheet is excellent and gives a lot of what I am after!
Thanks!