View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #10
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Quadruped Golem question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
You do not need Extra Legs to stand on your arms. B456 the Brown Bear does this with Semi-Upright. The only difference with the Q-golems (Qolems?) is that since they're Horizontal, they can't move at all on 3 legs, while a bear is able to move at 60% of his max speed while on his hind legs.
Uh why can't the horizontal Golems move at all on 3 legs? I have seen dogs walk and even run on three leg (the fourth injured or missing) snd there are several videos on you tube (such as Three-Legged Dog~Gene Burnett) that also show this

I should mention that the Elephant appears in the Basic Set and one of its traits is "Quadruped (but replace No Fine Manipulators with One Arm)". This give an indication of how the various components of the Quadruped meta-trait interact with each other.

I know William H. Stoddard (who post here from time to time) had a hand in the Basic Set and wish, if that was the additional material he worked on and he still remembers (it's been 14 years), that he would explain the reasoning behind the Quadruped being written up the way it was.

In any case I am going from what Quadruped is in the Basic Set (and in every other book it appears witha point value) not some weird version the author didn't even take the time to explain. First rule of these things, stick to the rules as much as possible.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote