View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 07:33 AM   #45
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Infinite Worlds Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanus View Post
That was my thinking with our homebrew chronology, use the mismatches between the books as existence of two Homelines.

With the expanse of the Multiverse highly probable they probably wouldn't encounter each other even within the immensity of Quanta 5, however I like the more assertive/aggressive stance of HL2 which in mind mind brings them into contact with each other on Q5 Worlds.
HL2 is more assertive/aggressive in finding more realties (finding about 10 per year in its 2015) but HL1 is not that far behind where HL2 would be in its 2027 (it would know about 60 more realities if it had the same pace)

Quote:
Even if HL1 stumbles into the Skiddoo and onto one of the Skerry Worldlines, the existance of Parallel mirrors would terrify them but not surprise either.
Actually Homeline knows of the Nine Worlds skerry and thanks to nearly loosing four conveyors (implying the -8 to accessing other Earths applies to a conveyor returning to Homeline) has classified all of the Nine Worlds as Z4. (GURPS Infinite Worlds: Lost Worlds)

As for terrifying I think finding out that not only is Red Moon actually in Quantum 5 (putting Centrum in their backyard) but Reich-5 is there would eclipse any alternate Homeline/Centrum. Though I think the fanwork Five Earths, All in a Row skerry would give it more nightmares.

Quote:
In fact either or both Homelines might actively look for a mirror Homeline or Centrum, if only to identify another Cross-time power they might have to worry about.
Actually Reich-5 is an another Cross-time power which with the exception of the aforementioned Red Moon reality is effectively expanding its influence to as much of Quantum 3 as it can handle.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 07-24-2020 at 09:50 AM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote