View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #127
Ze'Manel Cunha

Default Re: Whats a Munchkin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kalbfus
each German that he kills ought to be worth 2 character points to the player, which he can add on to the character immediately after the battle. The challenge would seem to be if the player can build up a 100-point character by killing 25 German soldiers.
*rolls eyes*
Sounds like a video game, not a role playing game.
Gee, I killed something, lets power up, duudududuu.
*grin*

For the type of game you're describing, you don't want to be using a role-playing game's rules, you want to use wargaming rules.

Killing something gives you *no* experience in GURPS, which is a very, very good thing. Any muchkin bait game which gives experience for killing something is more like a videogame than a roleplaying game in that respect.
Whenever I run D&D one of the first things I do is eliminate the munchkin experience award for killing stuff.

Getting back on theme, Munchkins are the type of people who think killing things gives their characters experience, and usually look for that easy kill to go up a level. *bseg*