View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 10:47 AM   #1
Daimyo_Shi

Default Design Preferences

Hey I back at least for a little bit, working back on the Car Wars Campaign that I don't have players for.

Anyway I was wondering what Design preferences others have, what I mean is things that you favour sometimes even while you recognize that it might be a bad idea or can cause difficulty.

I going to preface mine with the fact I am at best an Arm Chair General because I haven't played in years and I don't have people to test stuff.

I am really fond of Lasers especially on Arena cars where you are not going to drive 200 miles clearly, so no laser batteries need. I recognize smoke and expense as limiting factors but I don't let it stop me.

I run on solid tires, I don't like Plasicore, and I only use PR is limited circumstances. Tires are a weakness so go with the all around best when you can. This is especially important in the cheaper divisions.

How do I show it a Car made for Douches with more money than Sense? Gas Engines and/or Gauss gun(s)

I have preference to Build Road cars over Arena cars.

I over power everything despite the fact I believe an arena car shouldn't go over 80 or 90 miles because you never really going to go that fast in an Arena. Granted this does give options in road cars of running.

I rarely use metal armour

Accuracy is king!

If you bother with rocket Laser guide them.

Armour is multiples of 5 or even numbers only

I mostly design Sedans and up, I rarely do at smaller cars.

When affordable fire proof everything.

CA is overrated I rarely use it.

I am stuck in late seventies and Eighties aesthetics

I vastly prefer Spike droppers, Paint Sprays and Smokescreens in drop weapons, the occasional flame cloud ejector rarely.

Front Weapons and Turrets, rarely do I use side weapons.

I rarely use gunners in designs [Often because I put an engine just little [or a lot] too big]

Front Hubs, Rear guards unless oversized. 8 to 10 points only.