View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 10:23 PM   #8
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: One-College Magery and Druidic spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
I've been going through Thaumatology trying to figure out what you were getting on about, and finally figured out it was about the "Wood College". Which is a case of "Doctor it hurts when I do this!" "So don't do that!" Don't create a college with only three spells. When a book's advice is bad, or at least your interpretation of it would produce bad results, just don't take it. If you are going to have a "Wood College" then add spells like one giving your body the consistency of a living tree, or one that causes spears of wood to shoot out of wooden objects and wall, or made them explode into razor sharp splinters.

Or alternatively forget about the "Wood College" and just give your druids a nature college that includes both animal and tree spells. Because you can do that.
Considering "Wood Collage" says "Defining a completely new Wood college is unnecessary. Simply use the Plant college and delete any spells that don’t fit the setting’s metaphysics." I don't understand how you two only see three spells.

Replace "Plant" with "Tree" (ie Seek Tree, Identify Tree, etc) and you get way more then just three spells. Sure it isn't the same breadth as Tree magic (T42-47) but is clearly more then three spells.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.

Last edited by maximara; 10-02-2020 at 10:30 PM.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote