View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: [DF] Alternate Faun Ideas

These are a bit wierd but I miss the Tamile<g>, and wanted something unique for my Chalice World setting.
Fauns
Fauns live in the Great Plains, but are far less nomadic than other inhabitants, they are also chimera*
They live in small family groups, typically managing oasis and small trading outposts. Many also live in the dryer lands of the Empire of the Sun.
Fauns [12]
Attributes: HT +1 [10].
Secondary Attributes: Basic Move +1 [5].
Advantages: Claws (Hooves) [3]; Extra Mouth 1 [5]; Musical Ability 1 [5].
Disadvantages: Lecherousness (12) [-15].
Quirks: Compulsive Carousing [-1].
Optional Traits: Appearance; Charisma; Magic Resistance; Voice;

Appearance
Fauns are humanoids with the legs of a goat and short stubby tails. The upper body looks human except for two features. They have short stubby horns and two mouths, one above the other. They are able to sing in harmony with themselves or can eat/drink and talk at the same time.

Culture
Fauns are born entertainers and make excellent hosts. They work hard building and nurturing the places they care for and do well in trade. Young adults may wander, taking news to other spots and seeking mates. This keeps the gene pool diverse and provides more resources to the community by spreading information and contacts around.

*Chimera is a trickster god in the setting that is responsible for most hybrid races and some others as a joke on the other gods. In the setting it actually allows a power modifier, kind of a controlled lycanthropy where they can shift between 'parent' forms or even in between states. Also grants other abilities from tapping the "power of the wild".
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote