View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 11:39 AM   #1
Gold & Appel Inc

Default [DF] Alternate Faun Ideas

Inspired by Tymathee's comments in this thread. I happen to agree that the RAW template is stretching in multiple directions at once, and while I think that's not necessarily a bad thing, I can see how some DF players in particular might feel that way. In that spirit, I bring you this thread for posting Faun template ideas that are more "munchkinny," or just different (because why waste space, right?). To start off, one I made for a setting I haven't used yet:

Mountain Faun [20]:

Choice Professions: Barbarian, Bard, Martial Artist, Thief

Marginal Professions: None

Containing aspects of the mountain goat and the bighorn sheep within their faerie nature, this sub-species is a study in contrasts: at once more austere and less sociable in demeanor than their lowland kin, but fiercely loyal to their own and a bit flighty at times. Individuals are 1" shorter than average for their ST, but weight is unadjusted. They sport large, spiraling horns instead of short, pointy ones.

Attributes: DX +1 [20]; HT +1 [10];

Secondaries: Speed -0.5 [-10]; Perception +2 [10];

Advantages: Claws (Hooves) [3]; Perfect Balance [15]; Striker (Crushing) [5]; Talent x1 (Magnificent Mountain Goat) [5];

Perks: Sure-Footed (Uneven) [1];

Disadvantages: Dependency (Mana, Very Common, Constantly) [-25]; Sense of Duty (Mountain Biome, Including Each Other) [-5]; Stubbornness [-5];

Quirks: Dull [-1]; Mildly Impulsive [-1]; Mildly Lecherous [-1]; Uncongenial [-1];

Notes: The Magnificent Mountain Goat (MMG) Talent may be purchased by this sub-race only, up to four levels total. It assists the skills Climbing, Hiking, Jumping, Musical Instrument (Any), Running, and Survival (Mountain). Popular instrument choices include Pan Pipes, Drums, and Bagpipes, but unlike canonical Fauns they are no better than anyone else at Singing or Composition, leaning toward instrumental performances that one might accuse of being somewhat derivative in nature.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote