View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 07:34 AM   #605
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Since we are working retroactively, Pacifica could ping a different location each hour, and have Day tell her at what time he got the ping. They can confirm the ping in the elevators, just as when Day met with Nejora.

My plan is using acting (to produce a voice different than Pacifica’s) and electronic voice phenomena to have Pacifica speak without actually moving her mouth (so she goes unnoticed).

The ping will consist in telling the time of the day (e.g. 1500).
Changing your voice would be mimicry, or possibly performance, not acting (which is about concealing intent, behaving like someone else, and other practical adventuring aspects). I'll let you default off IQ-based singing with your craftiness bonus though, which is a 12.

There are hundreds of wires that could be useful here. Make a per-based administration roll (no actual change) to narrow it down to around 50 or so. I'll halve the number of wires for each 2 points in the margin of success.

We will need Gnomes to specify where Daymar is going to listen for the signal, of course. He'll need to be there to figure out which wire to use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK:
-> I suppose there are too many people to just zap everyone in the cabinet area and do what I need.
Is seven too many? You can occasionally get seven, though another seven will be in nearby rooms.
Quote:
-> Could I head "upstairs" and try to daze the whole laser system to try and make them all go upstairs? Would they probably take the voltmeters out?
The laser system is surprisingly physical... but its got enough electronics that you could knock out something and draw them out of the main room.
Quote:
-> Failing either, would a more brute force approach on disabling the voltmeters be quiet enough?
Depends on what you want to do. If you just want to take it apart and cut motherboards with wire-cutters that's pretty quiet, it will just take time.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote