View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:49 PM   #84
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Survey: Top Priorities for Ogre VG Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochDigital View Post
It's something we've talked about with SJG. It's possible, yes. I think the issue is that running one itself adds costs. However be interesting to hear what others think?

Note some things are easier to add, others (anything involving multiplayer!) get more complex, but means more funds needs to be raised. Note that Kickstarter is currently much harder for digital than physical games currently, I think it's 1 in 4 make it? Plus they raise less overall. But possible, be interesting to hear other thoughts?

But be interested to hear thoughts? :)
This seems like a tough road. It assumes a number of things, including "do you already own the game?" It's also inherently more risky, since coding is often a problem of pulling a loose thread that leads to many unforeseen issues. You would have to have a _very_ good idea what the effort is to do a particular thing, which in itself takes time/effort/money to do right.

What about a DLC approach? It's arguable that the "missing units" should be part of the base game, but you could make some strong points for them to simply be DLC. That's potentially "easier" from a management/planning perspective.

I know you guys have done digital KS before, so it's not exactly new territory. What are your thoughts on some of it?