View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #9
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: [Sell me] Non-combat GURPS titles?

My recommendations:

GURPS Social Engineering. The go-to work for social interactions, where violence usually consists of cutting remarks and crushing retorts. Other volumes in the Social Engineering may be useful in specific situations and types of campaigns.

GURPS Action 2: Exploits. Lots of material for action-adventure tropes not necessarily including violence, like chases and infiltration.

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 16: Wilderness Adventures. Most DF books are wildly out of place on this list, but this covers a wide range of environmental hazards and other issues involved in cross-country travel and survival.

GURPS City Stats, Boardroom and Curia, and Realm Management. Guidance for dealing with organized societies in various ways.

The Hot Spots series, the Disasters series, the Transhuman Space series, and the Locations series. Not for rules as such, but rather for providing adventuring contexts which aren't necessarily predicated on hitting people. The Hot Spots series, for example, provides setups for political adventure and trade, while Disasters provides material but non-combat challenges. That said, they depend on you wanting to pursue those particular kinds of challenges or settings.

EDIT: Oh, and GURPS Mysteries. How'd I miss that one?

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote