View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 08:12 PM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Day responds to Pothi, "Oh, that long? I've never served on a ship this large before, but I guess it makes sense that the bigger ships can handle longer travel. I certainly wouldn't complain if this was resolved without firing a shot."
Pothi: "Yeah, that's why we made such a big deal about leaving port: we aren't going to be coming back for a while. "

Will Daymar be placing a wager on when the first shot will be fired? they'll be wanting both day and time.

Quote:
Day is going to approach the cooks before breakfast while they're still preparing the meal. "Excuse me? I'm Daymar, I'm new on board, but I just wanted to thank you for all the excellent meals you've been preparing. An army marches on its stomach, even if it's a navy!" He'll approach each of the cooks, and look for an opportunity to touch the skin of each to use Suggestion - a hand shake would be the easiest, but if either of has on a short sleeved shirt a touch on the arm 'to get their attention' also works.
Once that's accomplished, he'll excuse himself saying, "Oh, I see that you're really busy, I'll get out of the way. Keep up the good work! Have a nice day!"

Edit: Success should be by 7 and 9 (base skill is 17, so the -1 for multiple subjects is absorbed before Rule of 16 is applied).
Day is able to duck in the kitchen fairly easily. His powers are weak, and he can only send general courses of action. He sends a suggestive pulse to the cooks to make breakfast without the additives. He can't be more specific, but the mental effect felt pretty strong.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote