Thread: Swordmage build
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 12:44 PM   #23
Varyon

Default Re: Swordmage build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
😕 I've always included "gadget" in write-ups before putting any of the special mods on the affected advantage. Maybe I'm the only one?
That's also my inclination*. I'd need to check my books to see how these things tend to be officially written up, but I do know on the forums some posters will simply mark these as Breakable and Can Be Stolen, with no mention of Gadget to be found.

*Honestly, I'm more inclined to just lump them (and possibly some other Limitations) into a single Limitation that holds the name of the Gadget, then make a note later as to what Limitations are involved in that. This often looks cleaner on the write-up, but is more useful if the Gadget is used for multiple abilities than if it's used for just one (as for a ring that grants you Flight, DR (Force Field), and a burning Innate Attack, but not so much for a ring that provides only one of those).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
If combined with Can Be Stolen but NOT Breakable, it amounts to "can be compelled to recover gadget without access to powers."

It can get particularly interesting when using the Limitated Enhancements rule.
Burning Attack (Uncontrollable, Not Uncontrollable (Gadget, Can Be Stolen, Unique))
Yeah, that's just begging to be used as a plot device.