View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
corwyn

Default Post apocalypse options

Tuk the Weekah, please stay out.

So I'm running a game on a ship where a zombie apocalypse breaks out. After the first encounter with zombies they didn't go to any authorities but instead retreated to their rooms. Now they know that the infestation is spreading and just want to get off the ship and escape, bypassing most of the planned first act.

Now, I don't want to railroad them if they don't want to stay, but I'm waffling because I'd like to fill them in on the reasons for a mercenary on the attack of the ship if I can. They have discovered that there is a submersible following the ship - how the mercs get on board the ship. I had a mini-plot with some advance scout mercs attempting to scuttle the ship which they mostly solved - they identified the culprits but never apprehended them.

Once they get away with their ship's boat - while the crew is distracted by zombie outbreaks - they half expect they will be captured by the submersible's mercs left on board.

Any ideas as how to proceed? I'm okay with them escaping now, I guess. I can always just tell them ooc about the plot to destroy the ship but it would be nice for them to find out organically. I just want to make it interesting.

The PCs are an inventor (with a drone and Gadgeteer), a mobster with two bodyguards, the Mrs and 2 boys, a reporter, a vehicle expert (Ace), and a tarzan-like stowaway, raised by panthers. They have 3 pistols smuggled on board.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)

Last edited by corwyn; 07-15-2021 at 08:59 PM.
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote