View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #10
Atreyu_Hibiki

Default Re: Card-game Caster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimated View Post
Thanks for all the replies here!
*snip!*
Atreyu_Hibiki - That works rather nicely! It'd be fairly easy to tweak for "always available" so that cards aren't wasted when they're played - my understanding is that this means I play a card, then roll 3d6, and if it's 15 or less it works, but if it's 16, 17 or 18, the summon fails and I have to shuffle it back into my deck before I can draw it again? These are listed as Alternative Abilities - I feel I should ask about these. One of the bullet points under Alternative Abilities states,

Does this not imply that I could only summon one monster at a time? If this is the case, so be it, but I feel like I need to at least clarify this point :P
Yes, it does. I don't remember what book it's in, because it's literally been a couple years since I've played, but the solution is to pay full price for the maximum number of Alternate Abilities you can have active simultaneously, and 1/5 for the rest.

I really recommend picking up Power-ups Disadvantages, it includes a chart for probability equations into limitation percentages.