View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: GMing an FGO-Inspired Game?

You've got players and you've got a flexible premise, so I suspect the game can be saved.

A few comments:
  • You sound like you don't know what's actually going on in the crimea. This is something you should probably have figured out as soon as you can. When you know who the actors are and what their goals are everything gains a measure of logic, consistency, and direction.
  • Good NPC's don't have to be famous historical people or from fiction. In your description above you have a bunch of places to hang interesting NPCs. The leader of the local army can be a colorful figure. So could an especially competent scout. A priest, researcher, or treasure hunter that seems to be tracking the same thing they are could be an ally, rival, suspect, or all three. victims of the attacks can have solid personalities.
  • Don't worry about bringing in Miss Nightingale feeling "arbitrary". We've got Baba Yaga, Bastet, and Achilles wandering the crimea fighting Lovecraftian Monsters and discovering ancient egyptian magic. The Genre dictates that Florence IS involved, one way or another.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote