View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Nostri

Default [DF/Fantasy] A few Questions

Soon I'm going to be running a fantasy hexcrawl using both Fantasy and DF. I'm going to be using "DF on the Cheap" from ericbsmith along with DF15 to get PCs around 150 pts with some extra background/fluff stuff. In starting to prep for this I came up with a few questions.

1. I have DF 1, 2, 3, 15, & 16 (or I will by the time the game actually starts). Which other ones should I look at next? Are there any I should avoid until later? How about other GURPS books or Pyramid articles in general?

2. Is it kosher if I build a "player's guide" out of the stuff I want and need my players to know and deseminate it amongst them? I'm not going to release it to the internet at large obviously but since this is the first GURPS game any of them play I don't want to scare them by bringing in 20 odd books and then assuring them we aren't actually using much out of any single one. (That's actually the reason it's taken me on the order of years to actually convince them to play. They all knew GURPS has a whole bunch of books and I made the mistake of saying you can use them all at once. Which more then one of them of course took to mean I would be if I ever ran a game.)

3. How bad/confusing/problematic do you all think it'd be if I listed weapons, armor, and other equipment with copper/silver/gold prices instead of the GURPS dollar? I'd of course have a way to convert things when I needed to but I wouldn't let my players see that side of it.

4. Will 4 or so 150 pt DF style characters be able to take on things from the two monsters books without my having to worry much more then if we were using default PCs?
Nostri is offline   Reply With Quote