View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
PseudoFenton

Default Re: [DF] How to drink multiple potions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkl View Post
What do you think? Do you have other ideas on how to do this?
I run a very similar setup for my DF campaign (mostly because its been ported across from that other game), it uses my own version of the old school potion miscibility rules.
In short, two potions which have not been made with the intention of mixing, (so buying from known vendors who brew their own with the design of having some of them mixed is okay) wont always mix properly. One might just shut down (randomly chosen) or perform the opposite intention, or if you're very lucky you might get boosted gains from one or both potions! You may even get the potions effects permanently! Which could be good or bad depending on what you just drank really...

But overall I'd be disinclined to have HT rolls or Will rolls etc to alter the outcome, for if nothing else it highly benefits one profession over another when it comes to drinking multiple potions. I’d allow those rolls to resist/defend against negative results from drinking multiple potions (as apporpriate to the effect), but not to simply allow them to function as desired.