View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 03:01 PM   #20
SydneyFreedberg

Default Re: [Space] [Racial Templates] Really Alien Aliens

Talents! I decided some of my species could use custom Talents as Common Optional Traits, to reflect things they tend to be good at relative to humans. What do folks think of:

Strider Herd Traditions (+5/level): Administration, Diplomacy, Hiking, Leadership, Singing.

Triphibian Mobility (+5/level): Acrobatics: Aerobatics, Flight, Navigation: Air, Navigation: Undersea*, Swimming.
* New skill: Navigating underwater, largely by ocean currents and seafloor "landmarks." Defaults to Submarine-5.

Armstrong Ambush Arts (+10/level): Brawling, Camouflage, Light Walk, Observation, Stealth, Tactics, Traps, Wrestling.

I almost gave the Armstrongs "Leadership" as well, but I realize that conflicts with them having Mild Shyness as a default trait... maybe I should make that a Common Optional trait so they can have leader-types?

Also, I revised the male Strider as per Pursuivant's suggestions: Charisma bonus drops from +3 to +2 (still impressive considering it's the minimum a functional adult can have), while Smooth Operator talent moves to Common Optional Traits. Plus they now have "Talent: Alien Friend" (from Space) as Common Optional as well. Point cost drops by 25.

Male Strider (101 points)
Spoiler:  
SydneyFreedberg is offline   Reply With Quote