View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #8
Bruno

Default Re: I think I figured out how to build Supernatural Durability out of spare parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
Note that Immunity to pain allows you to completely ignore knockdown and stunning rolls, painful and stunning afflictions and so on.

So the immunity to subdual seems a bit useless..
There's exactly zero overlap between the two. Immunity to Subdual is trying to extend the Hard to Subdue advantage into an Immunity, which doesn't impact knockdown and stunning, painful afflictions, or anything else covered by Immunity to Pain.

Quote:
Each level of Hard to Subdue gives +1 to any HT roll to avoid unconsciousness – whether as a result of injury, drugs, or ultra-tech weapons – and to resist supernatural abilities that cause unconsciousness.
I also rolled Immunity to Physical Stun into that, somewhat mistakenly, but since that seems to be included in Immunity to pain, that's handy. I presume Immunity to Pain does not actually provide immunity to Mental Stun, which GURPS tends to remember to qualify with the word... because that's stuff like confusion and fright, not pain.

Last edited by Bruno; 08-16-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote