View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:27 AM   #23
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Noršlond questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic_Octopus View Post
I have a Holy Warrior of the Lady of Life in my game, and he has Fanaticism.
I'm not sure Fanaticism should be allowed on a devotee of the Lady of Life... but I leave that for the big boss...

For now...
Quote:
Would anyone have any tips on how this would manifest? What would he be fanatical about? Healing?
Well let's take a look at her 'tenets':

Renewal, healing, youth, springtime, preservation.

Her followers are described as the least warlike.

So to me, this paints the picture of a Fanatic devotee seeking the non-violent path first. Healing even enemies if they are ones who can be converted to friends, or at least "not enemies today". Making peace, rather than seeking to crush a foe. Renewal suggest they prefer to build up, not tear down - unless the old edifice has a purely bad foundation, but even then they will be there for the rebuild.

In my opinion Fanatic is a bad fit for Lady of Life on a stereotypical DF adventurer. Now, on a heroic fantasy character, who is roused to duty to go off with a band of adventures and try to keep them mostly out of trouble? That's a bit different.

Note that, 'allowing that the group sometimes has to get into combat to achieve the goal of defeating the evil' is very different than "kick in the door, kill the orc, take the pie'.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote