View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 09:40 AM   #134
Gigermann

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

My 2¢ (as a professional ecommerce web developer, and inaugural user of W23, FWIW)

The way I've used W23 in the past is to go to the GURPS search page, which was sorted newest-to-oldest by default, and check for anything "new."

On the new Shopify site, the GURPS page has all the fluff at the top—which is fine for new customers, but mostly useless for recurring ones—with the part that I need way "below the fold," requiring a great deal of scrolling.

There's definitely a good point to be made for having everything on the same page, from a structural & SEO standpoint. I think the easiest solution would be to add a TOC, or anchor-link to the search part, so I only have to click once to drop down to the bit that I need. Otherwise (or additionally?) I'd be thinking about separating them into separate pages, so the search part can be seen more directly.

Also, unrelated:
It's been throwing me off because the latest addition to the old W23 site is the Vehicles: Triremes book, but I don't see that on the Shopify site at all, and the books appear in a different order—I'm guessing the added-dates aren't matching the old site (for more-or-less obvious reasons)? Did Vehicles get missed?