View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #2
Kubby

Default Re: Bestial Disadvantage & Skills

Why should the weapons and craft skills be disallowed?

I mean, bestial is a -10 disad and it includes some degree of OPH for the character's bestial nature, it shouldn't be as limiting as you perceive it to be; it absolutely doesn't include any kind of illiteracy (that's -6 on top of that), or innumeracy (that's another -5) with whatever effects it has - it simply would be a cruddy deal.

Now, I do see why looking at the animal kingdom would lead you to a conclusion like this, but they're not only separated by having Bestial unlike human beings, they're separated by a massive IQ difference.

To give you an example of where we'd probably differ in our opinion, I'd have absolutely no problem with a human-IQ-level Bestial character learning Driving/TL, though they would have trouble understanding the importance of traffic laws or driving culture, especially those parts where you're supposed to be nice to those who do not have a metal cage protecting them or whose metal cage is smaller and flimsier than yours - or that this car here is someone's property and shouldn't be taken for a drive.
Kubby is offline   Reply With Quote