View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #88
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Survey: Top Priorities for Ogre VG Improvement

How about a exploratory pre-KICKSTARTER announcement that details specifically what would be made available and at what price-point it would take to get to in order to achieve enough financial support to move it forward and complete with a final price tag as DLC or a new content update depending on what it would be?

Something like this for example:

We want to add Online Multiplayer for Custom Scenarios. To implement this as a fully functional reality we require [insert financial amount needed to be raised here].

Contact those who already own the game with this announcement and ask if they are interested with a simple email. Allow a time table for gathering numbers who are interested or not or unknown (if they do not reply). Make the number count of people public so everyone interested can see in real time how many others are also interested. Then use that as a gauge to see how viable the actual KS may be at the end of the exploratory pre-KS's duration.

I may be grasping at elusive straw here, but I'm just kicking around some ideas.

The ability to play Multiplayer Custom Scenarios is at the core of growing OGRE...analog (Tabletop) or digital. All we need is the digital version to have the same functionality range as the analog one...all we need is to be able to play Online Multiplayer Custom Scenarios. Added new Campaign content can come after as that is single player, while Online Multiplayer Custom Scenarios are single, vs AI and Multiplayer. Once that is in place, OGRE on STEAM will be able to grow and both versions would fully compliment one another.

...and, yes, I sure do also want to see all the units made available at some point.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 02-13-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote