Thread: Cars and TL?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
Ragabash Moon

Default Re: Cars and TL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
Some of the vehicles in Basic Set are noted as TL:8 (SUV and Luxury Car, for example), so I'm not sure what you're seeing that's a problem; obviously some of the data agrees with you.

From what I see, no cars are tagged with the actual tech level, so all the TL notes are simply in the name of the vehicle itself. So if your car says it's name is Audi R8 Spyder 4.2 Quattro (TL7;) then the (TL7;) part is the name extension. Just edit it like any other name.

If you want to change the data file, in addition to changing the description of the vehicle to include TL:8, you might want to change the techlvl() tag to techlvl(8). That won't affect anything inside GCA, but IIRC is used for marking in what TL things became available so that they can be removed by the data file that exists for that purpose.
Hmm yah I guess it doesn't overall matter so much since there's not a penalty for driving a TL7 car or anything, but it's not part of the name the name was Sports Car... I just double checked and there is nothing in the extension... and the name of the car is just Audi R8 Spyder 4.2 Quattro I edited it out when I posted it above but it fully said TL7; Free_), cause I Didn't think the free part mattered. I marked it as free because it's the characters 'free car" from status level.

So again, it's not a big deal anymore, but now I'm curious where that TL7; is coming from, since I can't find it anywhere, even in the full edit window view lol must be some hidden stat on the "Sports Car" item in the datafile

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.

Last edited by Ragabash Moon; 10-25-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote