View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
andreww

Default TFT Helper 1.1 Relased!

TFT Helper 1.1 (aka 1.11) is now in both stores, near as I can tell. I apologize for the delay. All your old character data will carry over, but *Not* combat progress, see below.

New Features:

Character Notes is replaced by Equipment and Special Notes fields, per the standard character format.

Import/Export is improved and now uses the standard format. This means it's compatible with Henry Cobb's page and other fine TFT software.

XP points are tracked and character evaluated appropriately.

Many, many, but not all, combat bugs fixed. I'm starting a list for 1.2...

Pinch and Spread gestures will make some features handier on smaller screens.

You can switch between phone and tablet modes by touching the upper right corner of the main menu screen. This is handy if the app chooses the wrong mode for your device for some reason.

More reference tables, including combat options and extreme results for 4d6 and 5d6 rolls.

More dice materials and colors.

I feel like I'm forgetting something.

I will go over my lists and emails and start assembling a list of bugs still outstanding and post it below. So if you've already told me about something wait until you see that before taking the time to remind me. 1.2 Will have user-designed adventures and more bug fixes. More on that soon.

Important Note: improvements to the combat system required changes to how combats in progress are stored on your device. Finish any combats you care about before upgrading. After upgrading when you see the Continue/Clear dialog box you should Clear if you would be continuing a combat from 1.0.1. If you do continue a combat from the previous version you will get a blank or nonsensical screen and you won't be able to do anything but go back to the main menu. That character won't be able to do combat until you restart the app. Once you restart the app everything will be fine, but obviously avoid this if you can.

[PS, "XP points" is a deliberate joke.]
andreww is offline   Reply With Quote