View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 09:24 AM   #15
arcanus

Default Re: [Psionics] Worldline Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
If we are in a world hopping campaign where we spend a couple of sessions in a world and move on no. If this is a long term assignment and we'll spend almost all the campaign here yes. Same as if I built a ISWAT mage and we ended up in a no magic world.
Agreed and the only reasons my group tend to stay on a Worldline is largely if they drag there heels in which case they're happy with the pros and cons. If its a story arc in being on a World for longer then I don't limit or give them a means to overcome the limitations - to be truthful they're pretty creative so tend to work on solutions as soon as they realise a difference which adds to the story. We use Power-Ups Impulse Buys (short and long term rewards) and they often use various impulse purchases for the above or dramatic effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Since antipsi technology is '^', you could have it function at any TL. I mean, you could have specific types of crystals work to disable psionic abilities, so it would be TL0^.
Thats a good idea I like the crystals idea, also gives them the option of harvesting said crystals themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
I recall there's a Creature of the Night that has a predator that specifically hunts psis.

A common animal, perhaps a rodent, that has psi static as a natural defense. (Which of course implies a predator that uses psi to seek prey)

A TL 4 world where psis are fairly common, but regarded as witches and they've developed a drug that incapacitates psis while only mildly affecting nonpsis, (Deryni, Katherine Kurtz)

A world infested by astral beings who constantly whisper to telepaths, distracting them and hampering their ability to make rolls.
These are great ideas, particularly like the last two, I have a Dark World where the astral beings would fit in really well.
arcanus is offline   Reply With Quote