View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #12
PTTG

Default Re: Alternate Crosstime Organizations

I like Daikoku a lot, it has a legitimate reason to interact peacefully with both stock powers, and yet it's a major threat. I'd up the TL for robotics for the sole reason of giving them mechs, but that's a stylistic choice. I haven't heard of the source, actually.

Lee
Lee is a high-probability person. Virtually every inhabited worldline between Q2 and Q14 has or had a Lee. Lee usually lives in the most geopolitically powerful nation, has a conventional physical appearance, and is otherwise pretty ordinary. Perhaps the only reliably unusual thing about him is that he always has status 0, even when that's quite an achievement in a given timeline.

At present, all Lees are or would be 43 years old, with a few minor discrepancies due to differing time rates.

About twenty-five years ago, at least one Lee unlocked latent psionic world-jumping ability. That Lee soon met other Lees and taught them, in turn, the method. Soon, an organization of hundreds -- possibly thousands -- of Lees grew tenuously throughout the cosmos.

As it turns out, there's only really room for one balding, slightly overweight middle-manager named Lee per world, so nearly all of them maintain their position at home. Nonetheless, the Lees occasionally meet to share messages, trade (often swapping clothes, which are sometimes difficult for Lees to find given their awkward body shape), and party.

It's really just an especially large social club. Nonetheless, the Lees help each other out ("Be your own best friend") and can be friendly to outsides provided that a Lee vouches for them ("Any friend of Lee's is a friend of mine").
PTTG is offline   Reply With Quote