View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 12:07 PM   #5423
arcanus

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
One of the problems I have here is this seed is this is somehow supposed to have encouraged science education, when science has been pretty clear about for half a century even at this point in history is that extracting useful energy from atmospheric electricity is pretty much impossible. Some optimists might argue about thunderstorms but even then it'd be from the convection, not the electrical effects. So the fact that it worked seems to be more an incentive to doubt science than encourage it. Not that the *real* Second World War doesn't have lots and lots and lots of evidence that science and engineering are extremely important.
I think this is a Gernsbach type Worldline so a suspension of belief is necessary, I'd position it as an amplifier so a small electric motors required to start up which is then amplified by the gathering of static electricity instead of unlimited perpetual motion.

If the US made more rapid territorial gains in the Pacific Theatre and Europe due to Air Engines, say the Air Engine countered the ME 206 or put the equivalent of a P57 Mustang in every theatre then changed the course of Indo-China I can see how the administration would push science education.

The point around Centrums valid they'd happily stand back if there was a nuclear exchange but they wouldn't engineer one, I more think they'd use Cuba and similar near misses to cause to division within the US administration and infiltrate it as a dominant English speaking power.

Centrum might be less concerned with The Secret but they would suppress parachronic research to stop competition or emergence of threats, they have one parachronic rival in Homeline (unless they have rivals in Q11) and they'd want to keep it that way.

They're already threatened by Homeline enough to try and shift it away from them, an emergent power in Q6 would be a red flag, all the more reason to sabotage its research and absorb it into the Green Zone.
arcanus is offline   Reply With Quote