View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Need help converting DtD to GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd6 View Post
Yeah, thanks for the help. With that taken care of, converting the races (apart from the Dryad, but that's a weird case) is pretty easy, although some move in a direction I was not expecting. I'll post the conversions so far, and hopefully make proper use of tags

I've decided to do Magic-As powers, so spell sonversions should be fairly easy.
After that, I'll tackle the Exaltations.
Have you looked at the Dungeon Fantasy Series? I don't want to discourage you, but they cover much of the same ground, including many of the races. Also, try to keep racial costs down.

Quote:
Aasimar: [77]
HT +3 [30], Will +3 [15], Per+3 [15], SM+1
Unfazeable [15]
Gun!@DX-1 [12]
Vitality Reserve 10 [20]
Racial Gun!? Well, it makes me wonder... Also, racial HT+3? 30 points of vitality reserve? Per+3? These guys are natural born marathon runners, have exceptional senses, and can take a bearing and not notice it! Mind you, if I were to use the stats from any version of D&D as the base, I would use the modifier instead of the adjustment value. in D&D3+, that is +1 per every +2. Giving them HT+1/Will+1/Per+1, 3 points of vitality reserve, and probably a racial gifts perk allowing them to purchase more stats over the maximum of the campaign, extra vitality reserve, and the Gun! skill

Mind you, the half celestial in Dungeon Fantasy comes up to 75 points, and works much better for the concept IMHO.
Quote:
Dark Eldarain: [85]
+1 IQ [20], +1 DX[20]
Obscure Vision 10 (Ranged+50%,Area 4 yards +50%, Recharge ~1 min -25%) [35]
Charisma 2 [10]
Nothing wrong here, only it's a but too expensive.

Quote:
Dragonborn [82]
+1 SM, +3 ST [27], +1 Per [5]
DR 3 [15] Dark Vision [25]
Innate Attack 3d Burn (Jet+0, 1/2D and Max at 20 +15% Recharge 15 sec-20%) [15]
Berserk (15) [-5]
Replace this with the Dungeon Fantasy equivalentm the Dragon Blooded.

Quote:
Eldarain: [160]
IQ +2 [40]
Warp (10 yards, -50% Magic, -10%, Special movement: walk and be unrestrained-10%, Recharge 1min -25% Cosmic: No roll +100%) [105] Magery 1 [15]
The (in)famous warp step. Can't help you here, but it's way overpriced for what you want, and most of it is the cosmic, no roll required.
Quote:
Elf: [112]
+2 DX, +3 Per, +3 Will
Ridiculous Luck (aspected: Ranged Combat -30% ) [42]
Use Dungeon Fantasy Forest Elves. Works much better than this and for less points.
Quote:
Gnome [80]
-1 SM, +1 IQ
Artificer [10] Gizmo 2 [10] Quick Gadgeteer (nuisance effect: explosions -5%, Unnatural features 5 : maniacal expression -5%)[40]
I would use Dungeon Fantasy Gnomes. Not all of them are gadgeteers, though many are either Artificers or Thieves, due to their natural abilities...
Quote:
Halfling [~42]
-1 SM, -5 HP
Theify talent 1[?] Enhanced dodge 3
Reputation (Thieving Scum,-1 from non halflings, always) -3
Again check the Dungeon Fantasy take. Enhanced Dodge 3 is way too much.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote