View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
bocephus

Default Re: can a Knee Strike be delivered with a Thigh or Shin instead of a Knee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
If it was the shin then should this "Shin Strike" variant follow the same rules as a 'Shin Kick' does on MA112/124.

Shins/Knees are bony and thighs aren't (plus have less leverage) so if a "Thigh Strike" was an allowable option of the "Knee Strike" technique, should it be -1 to damage?
Shins are bony and at the end of a fulcrum. Thighs are the opposite. Like comparing an elbow strike to a "shoulder strike", try it see how great the difference is in potential force.

A "thigh strike", there is force there, but its not sharp striking force its more like fast pressure. Its a long 'padded' surface that you cant really use that way. Id say at best 50% of a knee strike, and I still feel like that would be a gift. (*I* wouldnt even allow it to do damage. Push/lift/shove sure... damage no.)

You were still talking about a knee strike, just not a properly executed one. But you also talking about a very sensitive target so you dont need the full impact of a "proper" knee to make that work. That I would give a - of some kind, but then a lot of potential + as striking a vital. A thigh isnt worth ruling on IMO, unless you were using exactly that move to try and lift something like a punching bag, again its more a poorly executed knee strike, or its a fast lift.

Last edited by bocephus; 02-21-2020 at 02:22 PM.
bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote