View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Yes, there are small icons on some of the buttons. One is simply red with an exclamation mark, one has a speaker symbol next to it, a few have symbols you're not familiar with. The dial seems to have a door symbol on it.

"Ok, I need you to keep calm. Do you know What's going on?". The voice is female. The speaker sounds cool-headed, and a touch authoritative. There is the slightest tinge of a foreign accent, but its too hard to place.

After the woman in the room responded the speaker cut her off for the next question:

"Ok, you're going to be all right. I'm sending some people down to take care of you. Stay calm, don't press the buttons or dial them, and keep talking to me. Do you understand?"

The woman keeps up a steady stream of chatter, constantly asking questions are declaring facts.

"I've dispatched some clothing for you to put on. I've had to guess at your size, but its better than nothing. Do you know where the clothes you were wearing are?"

"What can I call you?"

"What is the last thing that you remember?"

"You seem to be suffering from memory problems. We can take care of this. The people coming to help you have been notified"

After about 60 seconds of this, The panel opposite the door pulls up into the wall, and a simple set of plain olive clothing is in the cubby behind it. the design is non-descript, almost like scrubs or pajamas.

"We cannot reach your comm account. Do you have access to it?"

OCC: lost in dreams is one of the few PbP games where I see a lot of first person, and it really doesn't bug me. Its also really hard to use third person when the character has been explicitly deprived of a name.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote