View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
quarkstomper

Default Infinite Worlds Timeline

I'm in the process of putting together an Infinite Worlds campaign and was curious about the history of Homeline, in order to get background material for Homeline characters.

As I understand it, Homeline is pretty much identical to our world up to 1995 when Paul Van Zandt invents parachronic travel. In 1998 he goes public and establishes Infinity Unlimited. The campaign is set in the early 21st Century. I'm not finding the exact date in the IW chapter of the Basic Campaigns book, but the old GURPS Time Travels suppliment it originally appeared in set Homeline in 2015.

I don't have the 4e GURPS Infinite Worlds sourcebook, and for all I know the answers to my questions might be there, but I'm curious as to the history of Homeworld between the discovery of parachronic travel and the (gametime) present day.

How did the fact of cross-dimensional travel affect Homeline's society, politics and policies? How did Homeline's history in the decade following Van Zandt's discovery diverge from our own history in the past ten years?

I hope I don't start a political argument, (probably unavoidable, since most of my own conjectures on this question are political), but I'd like to know if anything has been established.
quarkstomper is offline   Reply With Quote