View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #3
Plane

Default Re: Trip (MA81), can it be used on Step-and-Attack? Hit loc for fall?

Examples of "you can do this, but can't do that" for Trip would be helpful, I'm not sure for example if it applies to someone moving from the front-left to the back-left, or only if they continue on past that to another place.

There was a custom technique in Pyramid 3/61 called 'Interdiction' based on buying off some of the drawbacks of Trip I think, which might help in understanding it, as well as the initial outline Kromm did http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=15
your opponent must be running from in front of you to behind you (from your front hexes to your side or back hexes, on a battle map)
Drawback:
Limited target selection -- only foes running from front to back within reach (+1)
Then:
it isn't that useful except when an enemy does something odd that he probably won't do if the GM allows this technique
I don't know that the "running" necessarily implies any kind of speed, front hexes to side hexes could include a mere 1 hex of movement, so should it matter whether it's part of a step or part of a Maneuver using Movement Points?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote