View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #15
Hide

Default Re: [DF] A Portal Fantasy within a Dungeon Fantasy: Where's Alice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
I think "game-time" versus "play-time" are not dramatically unbalanced (and they are certainly listed in Powers as per-advantage options rather than per-game options) (...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
Game Time is canonically a +0% modifier to any variety of Luck, you can find it in Powers (p. 108).
What you say is understandable, but the OPs take is different:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
Part 2 (...) Ridiculous Luck has the Game Time modifier which I will have convert to a 1 for 1 ratio. She can use her Ridiculous Luck every ten minutes in game time. It is always the GM’s discretion as to how fast or slow time flows during a game (...)

Under that scope and observing Tymathee is the GM, the advantage is inconsistent as part of an NPC he wants to measure with character points. This is cosmic powers, resembling the "wish modifier". GURPS Powers states something else, it establishes a "non discretional" ratio of lucky breaks, for example: "(...) Ridiculous Luck, which works every 10 real minutes, gets six uses per game day (...)"

That said Tymathee, the recommendation here is you either:
  • Drop the idea of measuring Alice (NPC) with CP if the behavior of her powers will be discretional.
  • Change her set of abilities for ones that represent the right amount of CP for the abilities you want to call (e.g. adjust the price of Luck to 120 CP as I previously stated).
  • Establish a fair (non-discretional) ratio of lucky breaks. Consider the same for similar abilities in your game.