View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 12:46 AM   #16
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Tell us how your Campaigns are going, also get and give advice

I'm currently running 3 groups through one setting: AEON. It's a supers setting that has been pretty meticulously well thought out with the idea that the PCs are cinematic, but the world is realistic. Powers are by their nature also cinematic, but many come with drawbacks. The groups are:

A2-Team: The Valiants are a team of powerful supers and the first superteam to form. They are the gold standard. The one others want to be like. But sometimes things are rotten. The team consists of: Weather Girl, a weather reporter for New York and a weather controller of astounding ability; Valkyrie, a metahuman with time, fire, and hyper-intelligence abilities that uses a battlesuit made from the rarest substance on the planet - orichalcum; Doctor Mnemonic, an immortal with photographic reflexes and a perfect memory; Silkworm, a fabric-controlling metahuman; and other NPCs besides. Play has been dealing with the primary Valiants team, politicking, and of course laying down the super smackdown. Point totals are 2,400+.

B2-Team: The second incarnation of B-Team has a interesting group: The Iron Sikh, a metahuman with high levels of strength and toughness that only gets stronger and tougher the more damage he takes; Threshold, a metahuman spatial manipulator whose powers are a bit odd - he's kind of a blaster in that he can effectively disintegrate things by moving their atoms far enough apart; Nyx, a darkness-controlling metahuman and petty thief; Whisper, a super soldier with sensory enhancement powers; and Wirerat, a technopath shut-in who operates via telepresence to a robot he's made. B-Team operates under the aegis of Project VANGUARD, a organization funded by the UN and using the old I-MAPS protocol (International MetAhuman Patrol Specials). One of the last groups doing so in the hectic times they are currently in (lots of anti-metahuman rhetoric and registration threats). Play has been dealing with power proliferation, doing jobs for the CIA, humanitarian effects, and much more. Point totals are 1,600+.

C3-Team: A coming of age story. All the PCs are bright with intelligences and capabilities at the savant level. They were all given a scholarship to special fund (the Meraki Foundation) and attended summer camp together (and later school for the Foundation). At summer camp while exploring they found a weird cave and inside a glowing orb that washed a mysterious energy over them granting powers. The group consists of: Fiona, a water-controller; Benjamin, a earth-controller; Harlowe, a master of tactics (and chess); and Harvey, a super genius. There are also four main NPCs: Warren, super strong technopath; Tabbs, mechanical prodigy whose power changes at random and she has no control over it; Lynn, a tortured telepath; and Jamie, a nonverbal kid who can collapse wavefunctions to take the best outcome. Point totals are 500+.

There are other groups of course, but these are the ones that play regularly. Been getting really into it as it's probably my 2nd/3rd favorite campaign I've made. It's also pretty young as it has only been around since 2016 compared to my others which have been around for far longer.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote