View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #33
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Administration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
I find it somewhat ironic that in a thread about Administration skill, we are discussing correct procedures for discussing skills and posting skill-related threads.
The same thought occurred here. And I'm sure some of us are rolling at default. :)

Actually, that brings up an interesting point -- are there other skills that could reasonably give a default Administration roll besides Merchant? For example, as a reporter, I've covered governments at various levels (city, county, school board, legislature) for about 16 years. That's a lot of budgets and procedures negotiated and translated into English. But I think giving myself a point in Administration would be an overly generous assessment of my management abilities!

I see three alternatives in my own case:
1) Make me a Dabbler in Administration.
2) Set my IQ high enough for this to be covered as part of the "general knowledge" IQ default.
3) Allow a default from Professional Skill: Journalist, given the context. (Or maybe from an appropriate Current Affairs skill, instead.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote