View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
lexington

Default Re: [MH] Psionics and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derago View Post
1. If a guy wants to use telekinesis to choke a normal person, does that person have any possible defense? It seems unfair that a guy can just sit back and choke you out in a diner with no defense and no indicator of who's doing it. It's essentially a free attack with No Defense and No Signature!
"I choke that guy at the other table to death with my TK."
"Roll Acting."
"Uh, 12."
"He smiles and starts walking over. You see fangs."

If you go around murdering random people you are, at best, squandering a significant amount of power and eventually people will start hunting you. Rogue psis are dangerous precisely because they do things like that.

A victim can also just move out of your range or have a friend shoot you.

Quote:
2. Is there any penalty to constantly mind-wiping a person? In one case, a player was mind-wiping a guard when they were spotted, then mind-wiping him again as soon as he was seen again (only a couple seconds later), and then continued doing this so that the guard was never remembering what had just happenned. Keep in mind, there is no FP cost to this.
Hunters are enormously powerful, normal humans have little to no defense against them. An Experiment could punch the guard so hard his head explodes.

Quote:
3. Can mind-reading be used on animals? I'm currently ruling it as working at a penalty and then requiring an animal handling roll to interpret. Is this even close to the intent?
You get animal thoughts, which are nothing like human thoughts.

"If you subject isn't sapient you only pick up feelings, images, and general intent." B69
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote