Old 10-21-2021, 09:08 AM   #205
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I decide to trust Thelo.

"Well, it is from a certain point of view."
"I have reason to believe that the current priesthood, or perhaps a subset of them are interfering with the Emperor's awakening. I think this has been going on for some time now, maybe the past fifty-sixty years. If this could be proven, or better yet the emperor could be awoken, we'd see half to three quarters of the relevant governors defect."
"That's... quite a task. Did you get anything useful from Hyrum here?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will take a more subtle form to not be so striking as the angelic beauty, and interact with some people in public places and try and improve his feel for the people and culture.

The city is enormous, and full of displays of wealth. Advanced materials are used to face buildings. Fountains abound. The restaurants boast an overwhelming variety of food. The richer people dress in impeccably tailored clothing forming solid colors. The less wealthy wear brightly colored clothing with video patterns, pictures, and messages playing across it. Vassarious is able to have some conversations in a coffee shop with random strangers. The war doesn't seem to be on their minds too much.

I assume the shapeshifter will assume a convenient animal form and sleep in some safe location. If otherwise, let me know.

Consul Gylin Malchus (The Governor) meets with Varsarrious in a stately room made of marble. It seems to try to invoke the feel of the imperial tomb, but with avoiding just a couple of the symbols. A wide window overlooks an enormous garden, and a couple of security guards are present (think secret service... this man effectively rules an entire world)

Consul Malchus peers at Vassarious. Vassarious has acquired the identity of the wife of a powerful member of the aristocracy*, with a good deal of power herself. "I was lead to believe you had an urgent matter of business to discuss?"

*you can change this if you want... but it needs to be someone who the governor would meet with quickly.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote